Bloomington, Minnesota – Handoff simplifies sending things from your computer’s web browser to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It supports all sorts of content that you might want to take with you, including web pages, Google maps and phone numbers. Handoff sends a push notification to make getting to the content on your device easy.
Handoff works by using a web service to connect your desktop browser to your iOS device. Once you have the iOS app installed, all you need to do is download a browser extension or bookmarklet from the web site to get started.
* Send the current page in your browser to your phone with a single click
* Supports multiple devices. You can handoff to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or all of the above
* Built in map support that supports opening maps in the iOS maps app for easy navigation to your destination
* Push notifications notify you when your device has a new link handed off and allow you to easily access new links
* Send selected text from a page to your device and easily copy it to your clipboard
* Select a phone number and send it to your iPhone for easy dialing
* Keeps a list of items to easily navigate back to older items
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Handoff 1.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for reviewers upon request.
Located in Bloomington, Minnesota, IdeaSwarm is an indie Mac and iOS company founded in 2008 by Dylan and Dustin Bruzenak. IdeaSwarm’s main focus is developing powerful, versatile tools that help content creators make the most of the Mac and iOS platforms. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 IdeaSwarm. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iTunes, iPhone, iOS, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.