San Francisco, California – The Mission Lab today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of GeoShare 1.1 for iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4 devices. GeoShare is designed to make it easy and quick for users to privately and safely share their real-time location with friends and family. Unlike many other geosocial applications such as Google Latitude, GeoShare does not require signup nor does it require others to be invited to the app:
1. Picking someone from your phone’s address book
2. Sending them a text message with a link to your whereabouts
3. Stuffing the phone in your pocket and continuing to your destination or meeting point.
Recipients of the link don’t even need to have the app installed to see the sender’s location on an interactive web map. Whenever the sender wants to stop sharing they simply hit stop and go back into private mode. Other benefits of GeoShare include:
* Automatic time-out of location sharing to preserve sender’s privacy
* Cross-platform support for recipients on multiple smartphone platforms including iOS, Android, and Blackberry
* Real-time live updates
GeoShare can be used in a variety of circumstances including:
* Letting someone know where you are when you’re running 5 minutes late
* Coordinating a meetup with a friend or business colleague
* Getting help navigating yourself in a strange new place
* Meeting up in a crowded concert venue
* iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 1.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GeoShare 1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. For more information please visit The Mission Lab online.
Based in the Mission District of San Francisco, California, The Mission Lab is dedicated to creating simple ‘social utilities’ that help consumers connect with each other. Copyright (C) 2010 The Mission Lab. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.