Robert Louis Stevenson’s famous novel, Treasure Island, is arguably one of the most famous adventure books ever. It has served as food for many adaptations into various media, up to a frivolous animation picture by Disney. The various game adaptations also number in dozens, with a few already finding their way to the App Store. I’m talking, of course, about the port of the excellent PC Adventure – Destination: Treasure Island, remastered and just released for the iPad by developer Coladia. If you’re the lucky owner of the dream tablet and fancy yourself an adventure gamer, there’s no excuse for you not to pick up this excellent game. And if you’re still on the fence about the iPad, Coladia plans to release the iPhone version in the near future.
Gameplay video and more after the gap!
Coladia, Destination: Treasure Island, 599.27MB – $9.99
Four years have passed since the end of the adventure recounted in Robert Louis Stevenson’s novel. Jim Hawkins has become an upstanding adventurous young man, attentive to those around him. Imagine his surprise when, one morning, he sees a parrot enter his bedroom window : none other than Captain Flint, Long John’s own companion. The bird brings him a message from his master. In the message the old pirate announces that he has buried a marvelous treasure on the secret isle where he retired : Emerald Island. Jim is going to have to hurry though. Pirates, old enemies of Long John, are on his trail.
- A thrilling quest: Set out in search of the incredible treasure. The sequel of R.L. Stevenson’s adventure: A tale that has fascinated millions of readers for years!
- A varied, exotic environment. Highly coloured and detalied graphics to give you a real taste for travel.
- A treasure trail: Danger at every turn, to keep you in suspense for hours.
- A innovative game system: An interactive inventory using object combinations and a new system of knot puzzles.
- Dozens of fascinating enigmas: Resolve them or never reach the treasure.
- Listen carefully the videos, they’ll give you a lot of hints.
- Click on the bulb light to activate or deactivate the built-in help.
- if you’re stuck in the game, you’ll find help and answers on our forum http://www.coladia.com/forum
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK