Boston, Massachusetts – Dear Panda LLC has released CourseNotes 2.1 for iPad, the premiere note taking app for students who want to stay organized and collaborate with classmates, educators and groups. CourseNotes 2.1, in conjunction with the release of iOS 4.2, adds brand new features like calendar integration and over-the-air printing that will give students the ability to stay better organized and reference their notes faster than ever.
Among the many new features added to the new iPad OS, support for printing, multi-tasking and calendar syncing were at the top of many students’ wishlists. CourseNotes has taken full advantage of these new offerings by being among the first apps to add support for these features. Students can now print notes, assignments and drawings right from their iPads from within the app.
Calendar syncing gives the students the ability to add TODO notes to their iPad’s calendar from within CourseNotes. From there, students can add reminders, alarms and even sync important dates with other apps and devices, keeping students aware of upcoming assignments and deadlines at all times.
* Add assignments and TODO notes to the iPad calendar
* Print notes over-the-air right from the iPad via AirPrint
* Take text notes, draw sketches and create TODO lists
* Take summaries with bullet-lists for better note organization
* Export notes online and via email for sharing, printing and backup
* View shared notes of friends also using CourseNotes right in the app
* Organize notes easily by subject and class meeting
* Transfer notes via Bluetooth for peer-to-peer sharing with other CourseNotes users
* Purchase study sheets and other educational content from the in-app Premium Content Store
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later (New features in 2.1 require iOS 4.2)
* 4.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
CourseNotes 2.1 sells for $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Apple App Store for iPad in the Education category. Volume discounts are available for educational institutions through Apple’s App Store Volume Purchase Program. Members of the media can get a free copy of CourseNotes for review or evaluation by contacting Dear Panda and requesting a promo code.
Dear Panda L.L.C., makers of CourseNotes for the iPad, is located in Boston, MA. With the needs of students in mind, Dear Panda aims to build tools that enable learning and collaboration using mobile and web technologies. Now on it’s second major release, CourseNotes for the iPad is shifting from a simple note-taking app to a must-have classroom tool. For more information visit CourseNotes online. Copyright (C) 2010 Dear Panda L.L.C.. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.