Los Angeles, California – 24x7digital today is pleased to announce the release of TeachMe: 1st Grade, the third installment in the popular TeachMe series of educational apps for the iPhone and iPod touch. TeachMe: 1st Grade teaches four age-appropriate subjects to first grade children: sight words, addition, subtraction and spelling. TeachMe: 1st Grade’s unique TeachTech character recognition engine interprets a child’s written answers, helping to reinforce writing skills while teaching math and spelling.
TeachMe: 1st Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins to buy stickers to place in different scenes or to buy items for a virtual aquarium. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the child to learn and succeed! In addition, the learning screens are colorful, fun and rotate between four different subjects so children don’t get bored.
TeachMe: 1st Grade is the only iPhone app which reads your child’s writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital’s writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 1st Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 1st grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order.
Each child has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can also review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
* TeachTech writing recognition
* Achievement screen shows progress and levels for each topic
* Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 45 items)
* 6 different sticker reward scenes: playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
* Over 150 different stickers for adding to scenes
* Save learning information for up to four children
* Select which subjects are displayed for each child
* Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
* Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
* Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
* Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
* Scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends
* Math questions are shown both horizontally and vertically
* Sight Words: Dolch First Grade
* Addition: up to a total of 20 with additional advanced questions
* Subtraction: from 20 down with additional advanced questions
* Spelling: 170 1st grade level words
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 23.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TeachMe: 1st Grade 1.0 for iPhone and iPod touch is available for $0.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple’s App Store in the Education category.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital LLC is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital’s focus is developing high-quality, simple, and easy-to-use apps for the Mac OS and iPhone iOS platforms. Copyright 2002-2010 24x7digital LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.