ProCamera 2.95 for iOS Wins Gizmodo Gold Medal as Best Camera App
Mannheim, Germany – daemgen.net today is pleased to announce that ProCamera 2.95 for iOS has received top honors, Gold Medal as Best Camera App, from the international technology weblog Gizmodo. In addition to advanced picture optimization, creative adjustments, anti-shake image stabilization, and still/video compatibility, the app was cited for its Expert Mode that enables the user to set and lock focus, exposure, and white balance to different areas on the viewfinder. The camera apps Hipstamatic and Camera Plus Pro received the Silver and Bronze Medals.
ProCamera helps users get the best out of the iPhone’s built-in camera. With useful features missing in Apple’s Camera app, such as Anti-Shake image stabilization or a self-timer, iPhone/iPod owners are able to use the best camera – the one that’s always with them – without limitations. Easy-to-use professional features help inexperienced users to arrange and align photo and video subjects according to well-known rules of photography. By using the grid guides or the app’s Virtual Horizon, photos and videos can look like artistic creations of long-time professionals.
The Photo Studio built into ProCamera offers essential tools to enhance photos taken with the iPhone, as well as photos imported from a computer. Users may lighten-up dark photos with a sophisticated software-gamma-flash, adjust contrast and brightness, or apply Black & White and Sepia effects to personalize their images. Despite the vast number of features, the user experience provided by ProCamera is simple and fun, making advanced picture taking available to almost every iPhone user, whether they are seasoned photographers or totally new to photography.
Feature Highlights (some features require iPhone 3GS or 4):
* Set and lock focus, exposure, and white balance to different areas of the viewfinder
* Manually adjust and combine all effects
* Set and lock focus and exposure separately for photos & videos
* White Balance lock to adjust and calibrate the color temperature to match the ambient lighting
* HD video recording at 720p, 30 fps (iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4)
* HQ video recording at 480p, 30 fps (iPhone 3GS)
* 5x digital zoom + professional image optimization
* Full screen shutter for easiest handling (e.g. for self portraits and snapshots)
* Virtual Horizon tool – level meter for perfectly straight photos and videos
* Grid guides for easy, professional framing and composition
* Capture high quality photos & videos in full size and full resolution
* Get the sharpest and brightest photos possible with adjustable Anti-Shake image stabilizer
* Snap several photos in quick succession – fastest image caching in full resolution for shooting many photos with minimal reload-times
* Zoom in with ultra-fast swipe control (5x full resolution)
* Sophisticated software-gamma-flash controls characteristic curve
* Brightness, contrast, black & white and sepia effects
* Supports iOS 4 multitasking enabling picture taking immediately after re-opening the app
* Touch-up photos using built-in tools: brightness, contrast, effects, etc.
* Exclusively with ProCamera – geotagging + map/satellite view + compass heading
* Full support for iPod Touch 4th generation including HD video recording
* Import and export photos and videos to any computer
* Adjustable self-timer function
* In-app manual including tips and tricks
“With this Gold Medal award, ProCamera 2.95 is no longer the best kept secret in iPhone photography. ProCamera is designed for intuitive and fast control over professional features which can greatly enhance the performance of the iPhone camera,” said Jens Daemgen, Founder and Head of Development at daemgen. “Users have never been this close to being able to create such high-quality videos and photos with the iPhone and iPod touch.”
* US English, German, French, Italian, or Spanish
* iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4
* Video recording, focus, exposure, and white balance control require iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPod touch 4th generation
* Extended compass-geotagging requires iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4
* iOS 4 or later
* 1.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ProCamera 2.95 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Review copies are available upon request.
Daemgen.net is a successful start-up, located in Mannheim, Germany. Founder and owner Jens Dämgen, renowned software developer and IT consultant, is actively developing apps since the launch of the App Store. He is well known in the iOS-developer community for his seminars and video training DVDs (Video2Brain / Addison-Wesley). Copyright (C) 2010 daemgen.net. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.