Renton, Washington – Hooked In Motion today announce iCollect Movies HD 1.0 for iPad. iCollect Movies HD allows home movie watchers to catalog their movies using the barcode on the back of the case and obtain detailed information about each movie. The application supports barcodes worldwide from formats like Blu-ray, DVD, HD DVD, UMD, VHS, Betamax, and Laserdisc. iCollect Movies HD also features a detailed search feature, as well as wishlist, preorder features, and syncs directly with icollectmedia.com.
iCollect Movies HD, an iPad app and a companion to the iCollect set of iPhone apps, supports barcodes worldwide from formats like Blu-ray, DVD, HD DVD, UMD, VHS, Betamax, and Laserdisc. Simply by entering in a movie they own or a movie at a store, users can see details like never before. Each movie record contains more information than IMDB, and includes details such as regions, subtitles, aspect ratios, and pictures of the actual case that the UPC barcode belongs to. With the simple touch of a button, users can add the movie to their collection and manage it from within the app.
The application features a number of unique features beyond just barcode entry. Using the wishlist and preorder features, users can keep track of which movies to buy in the future quickly and easily. They’ll also be able to easily switch between DVDs and Blu-rays on their main catalog screen. Searching is in depth and allows users to see all movies that they own starring a specific actor, or all movies under 90 minutes, for example.
iCollect Movies HD also syncs directly with icollectmedia.com, allowing users to back up and share their collections via the web and other Apple devices, such as the iPhone and iPad touch.
* Sync your movies from icollectmedia.com and the iCollect Movies app for the iPhone/iPod
* Add in your movies manually via UPC
* Search our custom database for your movie
* Spiders Google and our own servers for a cover and information about a title
* If no information is present, take your own picture and type in the details and add it to our server for others to use
* Want to see if new information about a movie has been added to our database? Hit the “Check for new info” button at any time to automatically update your collection
* Add it to your library. Sort by Blu-ray or DVD right from the main screen
* Tab badges allow you to quickly see how many movies you own
* Sift quickly through your catalog using the index
* Add a movie to a wishlist if you know you want to buy it in the future
* Email out your wishlists to family and friends for holidays and birthdays
* Already ordered a movie but don’t have it yet? Add it as a preorder. Add the release date as well
* Incredible search capabilities. Browse through your library in a whole new way. Want to see all movies you have that star Steve Martin? Easy. Want to see all of your Japanese movies only? Easy
* Video tutorial for help
“iCollect Movies HD for the iPad is definitely a movie buff’s dream come true.” said Ethan C. Allen, Hooked In Motion’s founder and CEO. “The ability to pick up your iPad, sift through your movies, and find the exact one to watch right from the couch without having to sift through your DVD’s or Blu-rays is great. But the real benefit is how easy it is to sync your movies from your iPhone, iPod, or icollectmedia.com. Never before have you been able to keep track of a collection of items quite like this. It’s just a beautiful app that’s easy and fun to use.”
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 1.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iCollect Movies HD 1.0 is only $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category.
Based in Renton, WA USA, Hooked In Motion, LLC has been in busy since July of 2008, at the beginning of the App Store launch, creating apps that allows people to manage owned media. Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Hooked In Motion, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.