Splashtop Remote Desktop (TMA Review), a very capable remote access app that allows your iPad to connect to your PC, now has a Free version that will support connections of up to 5 minutes at a time. For those not familiar with Splashtop, the app gives users the ability to control their computer right from the iPad. Unlike many of the competition, it even supports video and audio playback, meaning you can also play flash or windows games remotely. So long as you’re connected with relatively strong wifi signal, Splashtop works surprisingly well.
If you do decide to check out the Free version and like it, Splashtop Remote Desktop is now on sale for $0.99. At this price, you’d be hard pressed to find a similar app that will offer as much in return.
*** Special $0.99 limited-time promotion extended to celebrate #1 ranking in many countries. Get it now!
The highest performance remote access app bringing Windows to your iPad, for the first time featuring full video and audio support!
“Both a breakthrough and a bargain.” — The New York Times
“Splashtop Remote WINS hands down!” — Apps for iPads
* See and control your entire Windows PC as if you are in front of it
* Access all of your Windows files and programs
* Watch videos in any format (including Flash!), and listen to your entire music library
* Play advanced Windows games via patent-pending Splashtop streaming technology
* Connect to multiple PCs with the same iPad app
* Interact with Windows applications using intuitive touch controls and familiar iPad gestures
*** New features coming soon as an update:
* Support for iOS 4.2
* Seamlessly connect across a firewall, when the iPad and the PC are not on the same network
Fast and easy setup:
* One-click access to your Windows desktop with minimal setup
* Application finds your local computers automatically
* Supports all versions of Windows 7, Vista, and XP, including Home Premium. Dual-core CPU strongly recommended for best performance
What’s New in Version 18.104.22.168
* Sound support for Windows XP users!
* Support locked screensaver and UAC in Windows
* Support the upside-down landscape orientation of the iPad