Price Drop O’ the Day: Return to Mysterious Island – Deluxe Edition now $0.99
Just recently, we posted about the release of Return to Mysterious Island – Deluxe Edition for the iPad, which many of you know on the iPhone as Jules Verne’s Return To Mysterious Island (TMA Review). Unlike the iPhone version however, which was re-engineered for the smaller screen, the “Deluxe Edition” is a straight port of the popular PC game. For those of you who’ve not played this fun and engaging 1st person adventure, here’s the basic premise:
While participating in the famous solo round-the-world sailing expedition – the Jules Verne Trophy – the navigator, Mina, strands on a island without any way to contact the emergency services. Therefore the courageous young woman will only rely on her senses and her ability to recuperate, before trying to escape the island. However, a mysterious shadow hovers over this land, cut off from the world, which does not appear so uninhabited as it seemed at first sight…
Its original price point of $9.99 may have dissuaded some of you from picking this up on the iPad, but now that it’s currently on sale for $0.99 , RtMI’s certainly become a nice bargain for hours of puzzle and mystery solving.
Anuman, Return to Mysterious Island – Deluxe Edition – $0.99
- Splendid photorealistic pre-rendered graphics that show nature left to itself where the lush tropical vegetation is queen.
- Original interactive inventory that allows to combine and create many new items and tools.
- A scenario that offers freedom in solving the puzzles and in progressing in the adventure that is rewarded by a scoring system.
- A good way to discover the novel and to give players the desire to read or reread it.
- A Sound ambience that perfectly illustrates the paradise though disturbing atmosphere of the island.
- Voices and text in 5 languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish)