Make custom iPhone ringtones with RingtoneMaker app
Shortly after Apple posted their App Review Guidelines to Developers, we started to see apps that have previously been denied make their way into the App Store. First came Google Voice apps like GV Connect and GV Mobile +. Now, custom ringtone apps have followed suit and one of the more promising ones appears to be RingtoneMaker Pro ($0.99). The app even allows users to apply pitch-shifting and time-scaling for some real wacky and original sounds. Here are the features for the Pro version:
- Select a song from your iPod library for editing.
- Select the starting time and ending time with a maximum length of 30 seconds.
- Apply advanced effects – pitch shifting and time scaling.
- Preview the ringtone and save it.
- Ringtones could be exported via iTunes file sharing.
RingtoneMaker also comes as a Free download, without the advanced effects and it has a limit of 20 secs per ringtone. If you’re looking to create your own Beiber ringtones on your iPhone without dropping a dime, this is definitely the way to go. There are some device requirements however. The app will only run on iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4 and you’ll need to be on iOS 4.0 or later. Video on how to “install” created ringtones back into your iPhone after the break. (thanks to Apple’s app restrictions)