Boston, Massachusetts – Pictional LLC today releases TrueHDR 2.0, an update to TrueHDR that picks up where Apple’s HDR leaves off, offering better results with enhanced details in the shadows and sun, and support for iPhone 4 and 3GS, including back and front cameras. TrueHDR’s new Rapid Autocapture mode makes it easier than ever to take HDR pictures, and its new SemiAuto mode offers greater control in choosing exposure points. Users can share the beautiful results from within the app using Facebook, Twitter, or email.
TrueHDR is designed to address the issue that cameras can only capture a limited range of brightness in a single photo. In other words, when people take photos of a scene that has a large range from bright to dark, they often have to choose between the bright areas and the dark areas. TrueHDR allows you to take two pictures at different exposures, and then takes the best features of each and merges them into one picture that has vivid colors and details in both the shadows and sun.
Not all HDR is created equal. Some techniques produce washed-out looking images, loss of details in the shadows, or halo artifacts. TrueHDR goes beyond the simple techniques to preserve details in the shadows and highlights, and to create beautiful results that bring the iPhone one step closer to a DSLR camera. TrueHDR excels in situations where others can fall short, including sunny skies and dark shadows.
For users who want greater control, TrueHDR offers a SemiAuto mode and a manual mode that allow selection and adjustment of exposure points along with the convenient rapid automatic capture workflow. With support for the front facing camera, users can now take HDR self-portraits with unparalleled ease.
* Better HDR results through state-of-the-art computational photography techniques
* Easy capture with new Rapid AutoCapture mode
* Greater control over exposure points with new SemiAuto capture mode and manual mode
* Automatically saves original images for use with desktop HDR programs if desired
* Works on iPhone 3GS where the native camera does not offer an HDR option
* Full support for front facing camera in all three modes (Auto, SemiAuto, and Manual), making composing and taking self portraits easier and more fun than ever
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, email)
* US English and Chinese
* Camera functionality requires minimum iOS 4 and iPhone 4, 3GS
* iPhone and iPod touch.
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 4.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TrueHDR 2.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Promo codes for review purposes are available upon request.
Pictional LLC is a start-up in Boston, Massachusetts dedicated to creating computational photography and imaging applications. Applications and algorithms developed by Pictional are based on the solid foundations of computer vision, signal processing, and human psychophysics. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Pictional LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.