DIY Water damage repair guide for iPhone 4
Several days ago, we posted a quick run down of just what to do in the event your iPhone drops into water, along with a video made by iFixYouri to accompany the instructions. Well the folks over at the iPhone repair site have made an other video that’s even more in-depth and briefly shows you how to open up your iPhone 4 before placing it into rice/silica filled container. Here are the steps they provide:
- Turn it off
- If dropped in salt or chlorinated water. Rinse it in fresh water.
- Take off back by removing 2 bottom screws and sliding back off.
- Remove 11 Screws and the sim card tray which all holds the board in the housing.
- Be sure to remove the SIM card tray.
- Place parts in tupperware container full of silica packs or rice.
- Wait 24-48 hours
Now it’s not a requirement to crack open your previously submerged iPhone 4 before placing it into a bag/container filled with rice, but so long as you’re not afraid to get down and dirty (and know what you’re doing), exposing the innards could potentially ensure even more moisture is absorbed by the rice or silica packets. Take a look at the video after the break.