Overland Park, Kansas – Announcing that Rade | Eccles, the developer of Pennyweight, has just released the latest update for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Pennyweight 1.3 was designed by professional dealers, for professional dealers, with an eye toward streamlining the process of calculating the value of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium based on weight, market price, fineness, and margin percentages. Pennyweight 1.3 provides a trustworthy mobile calculator that helps jewelers, pawn brokers, other dealers and individuals save time and money.
Users need only choose a few criteria such as fineness (purity), unit of measure (troy ounces, pennyweight, or grams), and enter the weight. Pennyweight will automatically calculate the value based on the current market price. If they want to break it down further, users can source their data from the New York Spot price or the London Fix price, fine tune their buy/sell multipliers, and base the calculation on current market price, previous day’s close, or a custom base price of their own.
Other features of Pennyweight 1.3 include:
* Quickly calculates values for gold, silver, platinum, and palladium
* Live market feeds and 24 hour charts from Kitco
* Instant access to New York Spot and London Fix market prices
* Calculate value based on the current market price, yesterday’s close, or a custom price
* Historical charts from Kitco.com in 30 day, 60 day, 6 month, 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year increments
* Ability to set margin percentages for buying and selling (e.g. buying at 60% and selling at 120% of market price)
* Privacy options include the ability to show or hide market prices on the main screen and set margin percentages on a separate screen so they are not visible to customers
* Feedback on the transaction and calculated value on a per unit basis (e.g. “Buying at $22.87 per dwt”)
* Separate configuration settings and values for each alloy
* Cached memory that stores all settings and values between sessions. Safely exit the application to answer a call or use another app and resume where you left off
* Support for currencies of more than 125 countries
Business owners with have found that Pennyweight can also lower overhead costs. By making an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad available to employees, business owners no longer need to supply expensive hardware or laptops and can be assured that all calculations are trustworthy.
With the ability to instantly access the current market price and set up different margins for buying and selling as well as separate margins for each metal, Pennyweight 1.3 helps dealers process transactions faster and with greater accuracy. You can learn more about Pennyweight 1.3, and other useful apps from Rade | Eccles on their website, or check them out in the App Store.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later
* 1.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pennyweight 1.3 is only $9.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Financial category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Rade | Eccles is an experienced US based iOS app development team specializing in high quality native applications targeting the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices from Apple, Inc. They create highly functional and compelling apps that actively engage consumers through elegant design while increasing reach and ensuring long term user retention. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.