mTrip Launches a New Generation of Travel Guides for iPhone & iPod touch
Montreal, Canada – mTrip Travel Guides for iPhone and iPod touch hit the App store today with nine US and European city guides. Just like a personal tour guide, mTrip is there for you from planning your itinerary to guiding you around the entire city and describing tourist attractions, restaurants, hotels and more to you.
“Travel preparation, sightseeing and trip sharing are completely re-defined with the arrival of travel applications. Apps should support the traveler in a quick and easy way with rich, updated information and clever offline functionalities for the most optimal trip experience. With this first series of city guides, we have brought together expert content, travelers feedback and the latest technologies available on the market,” says Frederic de Pardieu, CEO and Founder of mTrip. “We want travelers to remain stress-free, enjoy discovering new attractions and almost forget that they are even using a guide,” says de Pardieu.
* Automated Itinerary Planner – With its exclusive technology mTrip offers an automated trip planner. Using an advanced algorithm, the guide suggests the most personalized trip to reflect the travelers interests, trip dates, pace preference, opening hours, geographical locations of tourist attractions as well as traveler ratings.
* Expert, Quality Content – The guide contains tons of tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping, nightlife and hotels with ratings, recommendations, pictures and additional information. All expert content is provided by Falk CIS, one of Europeʼs leading travel content providers. The user-generated content is provided by travelers, updated daily for free and available directly on iPhone and iPod touch.
* Navigation – The guide locates the traveler on the map automatically and displays the most optimal route by subway or foot to any point of interest.The user can also view any point of interest in the area.
* Augmented Reality – The traveler can look through the iPhone 4 or 3GS to display the city and all the tourist attractions in the area at a heightened, surreal view. No Internet connection is required.
* Trip Sharing – The traveler can send postcards via Facebook and email to be sent to friends and family. mTrip users can add ratings and reviews to each point of interest, to be shared with other travelers using the application. Unlimited sharing is free and no roaming is required.
Available City Guides:
* London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Barcelona, New York, San Francisco and Chicago
* US English, French, German, Spanish and Italian (Italian available for European cities only)
Price per destination:
* Special Launch Price $5.99 – £3.49 Regular Price: $9.99 – £5.99. A Demo Video on on their website.
mTrip publishes interactive travel guides for smart phones and portable devices. With expert content and user-friendly functions, mTrip defines tourism for the modern age. A fresh new approach integrating professional content, geo-location, social networks and innovative features offers the user the most optimal travel experience. mTrip is clever, practical and avant-garde. Copyright (C) 2010 mTrip. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.