Beaumont, Texas – In April, Apple released their revolutionary iPad. Since then, sales of ActivePrint have soared creating a whole new community of ActivePrint users. This new community brought us numerous suggestions on how to make ActivePrint better for iPhone and iPad users alike. We are thrilled to announce that we have implemented a substantial number of these suggestions in the new ActivePrint 7.5.
One of the highlights of these new features includes the ability to print documents from your cloud storage account. ActivePrint 7.5 allows you to print documents stored in your Box.net account no matter where you are. Some of these document types include word processor documents (.doc, .docx, and others), spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx, and others), presentations (.ppt, pptx, and others), and PDF Files. Now you can save your documents to your Box.net account from your favorite app and then easily print them using ActivePrint!
We will be adding support for additional cloud storage services in the future such as Google Docs.
Here are some of the other features available in this new version of ActivePrint 7.5:
* Print documents from your Box.net cloud account
* Print photos from your photo album or your device’s camera
* Print the contents of your device’s clipboard, letting you easily print content from other apps!
* Print contacts from your address book and web pages
* Print plain text from a built in notepad screen
* Support for multiple copies, portrait/landscape printing, different quality of printing, and color or black/white printing
* Print via any internet connection (WiFi or EDGE/3G network)
* Support for practically any printer available in the market
* Parental control password lock for the built in internet browser
* iPad: iPhone OS 3.2
* iPhone/iPod touch: iPhone OS 3.1
* 3.1 MB
* A printer connected to a Windows PC via USB/WiFi/Network
Founded in 2002 as Pocket Watch Software by Charles W. Teel, our company launched what has continued to be our lead product, ActivePrint. Teel developed the idea of ActivePrint as a college student after getting his first Pocket PC. In class, he would write pages and pages of notes on his Pocket PC but would have to manually copy those files to his desktop computer, and then print them one at a time. Frustrated, he looked for a software alternative to make this process simpler. However, the closest thing he could find would require another $400 of hardware and software, and even then it wouldn’t fully automate the process. So Teel set out to develop ActivePrint, the first and only mobile printing application that gives users the ability to print right out of the box at an affordable price (even for college students). Pocket Watch Software continued to develop the ActivePrint technology to make it more effective. After reorganizing Pocket Watch Software to Pocket Watch LLC, we continue the legacy of making technology work for our customers. Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Pocket Watch Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.