RDM+ Lite released. Connect to your PC and Mac remotely for free
SHAPE Services, the company behind the popular iDevice IM app IM+ (TMA Review), has just released a free, ad-supported version of their best-selling remote control application, RDM+. By utilizing both the app on your iPhone/iPod Touch and the (free) desktop RDM server, users can easily access and manage their home and office computers remotely. Chiffan reviewed RDM+ several months ago and had this to say:
To sum it all up, RDM+ is the best remote control software Iâ€™ve seen thus far on the iPhone. While it has its limitations (the single-screen access and the fixed refresh time), the ability to work through ANY firewall, the easy setup, and the excellent and ultra-fast interface make it unrivalled if you find yourself in need of putting in that extra bit of work on the PC but are out.
If remote access to your computer(s) is something you’d like to accomplish, RDM+ Lite is a great place to start, so long as you don’t mind the in-app ads. The regular and ad-free version can be purchased for $9.99 (down from original price of $19.99).
RDM+ Lite – Free
Access your Mac or Windows computer and run any desktop applications remotely through NAT and Firewall!
Unique capability to work even through NAT and Firewall makes RDM+ Lite the number one remote access client on all mobile platforms.
You may access one or many computers with no additional payment.
RDM+ Desktop should be installed on the computer(s) you want to have access to.
Download RDM+ Desktop for FREE at www.rdmplus.com
* Direct mouse control: left click, right click, double click, drag and drop, scrolling. Tap and double tap work as click and double click.
* Keyboard control keys support
* Direct text input from iPhoneâ€™s keyboard and easy text editing
* Landscape/Portrait mode
* Panning and zooming
* Supports Intel-based Macs with Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard, Microsoft Windows NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista / 2008 / 7
* Works in different environments; easily accessible by enterprise users through NAT and Firewall as well as by individual users with dynamic IPs.
* Works via WiFi and your carrier’s network and has the ability to adopt its work to different connection speeds.
* Extensive technical support by SHAPE’s team.
* Free updates.
Controlling your desktop has never been easier!