Official Twitter app now live on App Store
Twitter’s official app for the iPhone/iPod Touch is finally available for download on the App Store. For those not aware, Twitter announced earlier last month that they’ve acquired Atebit’s popular Tweetie app (my personal favorite on the iPhone) and re-branding it as “Twitter”. While the overall design hasn’t changed, its release version is now 3.0 and a bunch of new features have been introduced, including:
- Search has been reorganized, now you can search all tweets and find users in the same spot, view Top Tweets and Browse Suggested users.
- Search results now include Top Tweets, try it with Trends…winner combo!
- You can now use Twitter without an account! Search, Browse uses, view trends and top tweets.
- Sign-up is now availabile within the application as well, complete with Suggested user list.
- More tab has been re-organized to accomplish all this. Users with one account can add a second account under the Accounts and Settings button here.
- Actions weâ€™ve found people use most, like Retweet have been moved to the main actions bar.
- Minor tweaks were made to tweet rendering so they match Twitter.com tweets
Aside from the fact that the Tweetie Twitter is widely considered as one of the best clients on the iDevice, the app is now FREE with the re-release. So for those of you who use alternative twitter apps like Osfoora and Twitterena, will you be making the switch over? For the price, you really can’t go wrong with an awesome client like Twitter.
Twitter, Inc.,Â Twitter – Free