Mountain View, CA – PhatWare Corporation today is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first public beta version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for iPad and Mac OS platforms. WritePad SDK is a natural, style, writer, and lexicon independent multiplatform handwriting recognition technology.
WritePad SDK enables handwriting input in third party applications on pen-enabled mobile and desktop computers. It is currently available in 4 languages, including English, German, French, and Spanish with more languages to be announced soon.
“Recently we’ve been receiving numerous requests from developers to make our WritePad handwriting recognition technology available for developers.”, said Stan Miasnikov, president of PhatWare Corp. “Today we are pleased to announce that the first beta of the WritePad SDK is now available for evaluation and licensing.”
WritePad SDK Features:
* Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed
* Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations
* Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings
* Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right “out of the box”
* Reliably recognizes handwriting in English (US, UK), French, German, and Spanish languages
WritePad SDK includes static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages, API header files, documentation, and sample code in ObjectiveC. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation, please visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking, and database and network management software development. PhatWare Corporation is a founding member of Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC) – a unique partner program developed by Microsoft Corp. to serve as a focused feedback mechanism for Microsoft Windows Mobile platform development, and provide leading companies with the tools and resources they need to bring the most innovative and successful mobility solutions to market – a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Microsoft Windows Embedded partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2010 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.