One of the scariest apps ever – Now available for iPad
Bridgewater, New Jersey – 288 Vroom LLC today is pleased to announce the hugely popular “100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares” is now available for iPad. Read 100 of the greatest horror stories of all time and immerse yourself in the terror with over 30 disturbing sounds and animations, and a few extra surprises that would be no fun to mention here. You’ll be scared out of your wits with the haunting Auto-Scare feature. ’100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares’ is excellent for Halloween or any time of year.
The iPhone version has been called “the scariest book app on the iPhone” by iPhoneFootPrint, but ’100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares for iPad’ is more than just a book app … it is an experience.
Read 100 of the greatest horror stories of all time including such authors as Dickens, Doyle, Irving, James, Poe, Shelley, Stevenson, Stoker, Wells, Wilde, and lots more. With classic scary stories like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Phantom of the Opera, Jekyll and Hyde, The Canterville Ghost, A Christmas Carol, and many more all in one frighteningly cool app.
* 100 Classic Horror Books, Novels, Novellas, and Short Stories
* Over 30 Haunting Sounds (not kiddy sound effects)
* 1 Creepy Design
* A Couple of Terrifying Animations
* Mix in the ‘Auto-Scare’ feature (randomly play sounds and scares)
* Plus, a few surprises that would be no fun to mention here
* Equals one scary and fun app
Immerse yourself in the terror with over 30 haunting sounds and animations that will make you want to sleep with the lights on. The ‘Auto-Scare’ feature which randomly plays the app’s sounds and scares is the perfect self-scare machine. And there are few more hidden surprises that would be no fun to mention here. Excellent for Halloween or anytime of the year. This app is not for the weak at heart, don’t say you weren’t warned.
“After creating our first #1 Paid Book App, the multi-genre 301 Short Stories, we realized that there was a desire for an app that featured a large collection of great horror stories. While watching a horror movie late one night, I realized the sounds of the movie were sometimes the scariest parts…100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares came to life. Once the iPad came out, of course we decided to build 100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares for iPad Plus, I love Halloween and wanted to do an app that was cool for Halloween. I hope users enjoy it as much as I do.” said Gregg Levine, founder of 288 Vroom LLC.
Sample of some of the authors and their stories:
* Ambrose Bierce (An Unfinished Race, The Damned Thing, Present At A Hanging, and more)
* Algernon Blackwood (Sand, The Damned, and more)
* John Kendrick Bangs (The Exorcism That Failed, The Ghost Club, and more)
* Gelett Burgess (The Ghost-Extinguisher)
* Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol, and more)
* Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Horror Of The Heights, The Parasite, and more)
* Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, The Specter Bridegroom)
* Henry James (The Turn Of The Screw)
* Rudyard Kipling (The Phantom ‘Rickshaw)
* Joseph Sheridan LeFanu (Carmilla, The Mysterious Lodger, and more)
* Gaston Leroux (The Phantom Of The Opera)
* Charles Robert Maturin (Melmoth The Wanderer)
* Rose Cecil O’Neil (The Lady And The Ghost)
* Edgar Allan Poe (The Cask Of Amontillado, The Fall Of The House Of Usher, The Murders In The Rue Morgue, The Oblong Box, and more)
* Sir Walter Scott (The Tapestried Chamber)
* Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (Frankenstein)
* Robert Louis Stevenson (The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde)
* Bram Stoker (Dracula, Dracula’s Guest)
* Mark Twain (A Curious Dream, A Ghost Story)
* H.G. Wells (The Stolen Body, The Valley Of Spiders, and more)
* Oscar Wilde (The Canterville Ghost, The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
* AND MANY MORE
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
* 74.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares for iPad is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available upon request. All future updates, including story and sound additions, are included with initial purchase.
Based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, 288 Vroom LLC is a privately held corporation founded in 2009 by Gregg Levine. With over ten years in the major pharmaceutical and wireless industries, Gregg’s aim is developing unique and useful software for the iPhone platform, complemented by first-class customer support. An aspiring fiction writer, Gregg Levine felt that with his development experience and love of literature, short stories were perfect reading material for the iPhone/iPod touch medium. Copyright (C) 2009 288 Vroom LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.