Final Audio, maker of the both the world’s most expensive 2-speaker system and production earphones have released a new earphone, the single balanced armature FI-BA-SS. Like the Final Audio FI-DC1601SS, it is both housed in solid stainless steel and incorporates a custom Final Audio-designed speaker. The FI-BA-SS incorporates Balanced Air Movement (BAM) technology to control unwanted vibrations – whether or not such technology is necessary in a balanced armature design however, is debatable. Whatever the case, FAD’s new earphone is set to make a splash. At 20g per earphone, it certainly should. As a product of the adventurist Final Audio Design, the FI-BA-SS debuts at the ultra-high price point of ¥98,000, or over US 1000$.
If you can’t get enough of sleek, solid steel, then get ready to plop down your dosh at places like e-earphone which sell the newest FAD. It will be available in the middle of this month.
More piccies and info after the gap:
- Ultra-wide frequency custom balanced armature speaker
- Fatigue-free, natural sound
- BAM (Balanced Air Movement) technology
- 100% stainless steel housing for clear, natural sound
- Anti-resonant silicon ear pieces (S/M/L)
- Driver type: Custom ultra-wide single balanced armature
- Sensitivity: 112dB
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Cable length: 1,4 metres
- Weight: 20g per side
Final Audio Design: FI – BA – SS (Japanese)