Filemaker’s Bento app makes transition to iPad
Filemaker, a subsidiary of Apple and world-leader in database applications, have built upon Bento for the iPhone and iPod Touch and released a brand new version dedicated for the iPad. In case you’re not familiar, Bento is a powerful yet easy to use organizer app that allows you keep track of just about anything you can think of: expenses, inventory, events, contacts, daily diaries and much much more. 25 templates are built-in or you can create new ones to match your needs. Bento for iPad has been enhanced with many new features, including:
- Full screen forms
- Split-screen view showing record summary and details
- Ability to browse web pages without leaving the app
- Three new themes
With a larger screen area, Bento users will likely find it much easier and faster to use on the iPad. And just like the iPhone version, Bento for iPad sells for $4.99. More info with video after this space.
Filemaker, Inc., Bento for iPad – $4.99
- Bento for iPad is based on Bento for iPhone but has been enhanced to make the most of the larger iPad screen.
- Comes with 25 ready-to-use database templates
- Details stored in Bento are large and easy to read on iPad.
- In landscape, you get a split screen view showing both your complete records list and a single record’s details simultaneously.
- Rotate iPad to portrait to focus on one record at a time.
- Swipe up or down to see more details for each record.
- Touch the screen to edit information in choice fields, date fields, ratings fields, and checkboxes.
- Tap to watch videos, view photos, and send emails.
- Browse web links in Safari without leaving Bento.
- Enter numbers with ease using the large, custom on-screen keypad.
- Includes 3 background themes with coordinated fonts to make your data look great on the larger screen.
- Use as a standalone app or synchronize with Bento 3 for Mac (sold separately).