Vampire Origins sneaks into App Store
Chillingo’s Vampire Origins, a game we first covered nearly a year ago, has finally been released for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Billed as an “advanced survival horror”, players will assume control of a vampire hunter through eye-catching 3D environments via touchscreen or dual-stick controls. The storyline is as follows:
After being trained by the ancient fathers known only as The Order, Vincent began his life as a vampire hunter. His deep hatred for the blood-sucking scourge grew exponentially after his bride was brutally murdered. Vincentâ€™s anger grew and the destruction that lay in his wake brought him to the attention of Valafar, the evil Vampire leader.
Valafar, The highest of the Vampire Lords challenged Vincent to dual. Valafar was too strong and upon loosing the fight and being cast into the depths of the underworld. Only the memory of his fallen bride remained with Vincent, now a shadow of his former self.Â Driven by revenge, Vincent now returns to the mortal realm to bring war to the plague of vampires that had infested or destroyed all that was good in the world.
Priced at higher than usual $6.99 price point, Chillingo are hoping that Vampire Origins will be a big hit with fans of the genre. From what we’ve seen thus far, there’s a great chance that V.O will impress. Stay tuned for our review right here on TMA… in the mean time, video footage of the game awaits within.
Chillingo Ltd,Â Vampire Origins – $6.99
- Take control of Vincent in the most advanced survival horror ever to hit the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Dark gothic atmosphere with exquisite 3D environments.
- Detailed character models enhance the gripping realism of the game.
- Four weapons available to fend off the vampiric hordes.
- Thrilling boss fights based on actual sword fighting techniques.
- Multiple control methods: Dual-stick or touchscreen interface.
- Lead Vincent through three stages of detailed story-driven gameplay, or try your luck in Survival Mode.