Gameloft launched 8 HD titles for the iPad
Gameloft have revealed their starting lineup for tomorrow’s release of the iPad. Not surprisingly, they include some of their best selling games, including:
- Asphalt 5 HD
- Dungeon Hunter HD
- Let’s Golf HD
- Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD
- N.O.V.A. â€“ Near Orbital Vanguard Alliance HD
- NFL 2010 HD
- Real Soccer 2010 HD
- Uno HD
Judging from the video above, it looks like we’ll be seeing much improved graphics compared to their iPhone/iPod Touch counterparts, as well as the implementation of the multitouch interface into the gameplay. And with the iPad’s relatively large screen size (compared to that of the iPhone), it may take some time for gamers to get used to holding the device like a virtual controller. Full press release after this space.
Paris, France – April 2, 2010 – GameloftÂ®, a leading publisher and developer of downloadable video games, today announced the launch ofÂ Â Â Â eight Apps for iPadâ„¢ on the App Storeâ„¢. TheÂ games are: N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Allianceâ„¢; Modern Combat: Sandstorm; Dungeon Hunter; Asphaltâ„¢ 5; UNOÂ®; NFLÂ® 2010; Letâ€™s GolfÂ®!; and, Real Football 2010.Â Each game will capitalize on iPadâ€™s distinctive gaming features and offer a unique set of original characteristics and gameplay.
â€œWith iPhoneÂ® andÂ iPod touchÂ®, AppleÂ® changed the way consumers perceive and interact with their devices and created a revolutionary era for the mobile gaming industry,â€ said Michel Guillemot, president of Gameloft. â€œWe are taking full advantage of all the new possibilities and features iPad is bringing to developers with games that will once again transform the digital gaming experience.”
The iPad allows players to interact with games in unique ways:
- The large, stunning screen brings a higher level of graphic detail to the games in addition to the optimization of textures and models. The screen size and depth perception ratio allows the player to feel completely immersed in the experience. For example, Real Football 2010 was re-mastered to include HD resolution grass surfaces, textures, characters and animations.
- More direct and enriched controls allow for more intuitive thought and action response, as well as fully customizable buttons and mappings that fit the playerâ€™s preference. For instance, the N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance App for iPad includes more contextual controls in the environment: open an airlock door by rotating three fingers, slide the button upwards to make an elevator move upstairs, etc.
- The larger screen means there will be more ambitious gameplay sequences such as increased field of depth, complex map layouts and more intense action sequences. In N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance,Â the player can enable MTA – Multi Target Acquisition which is a new feature for iPad gaming. The player can trigger a new functionality from the regular rocket launcher, then directly draw a grid on the battlefield to kill all selected enemies on screen in one shot. In Real Football 2010, the larger surface allows for a more strategic overview of the playing field and gave the designers more space to create comfortable control schemes.
- Multiplayer challenges will also be increased on iPad and cooperative gameplay will be easier and more attractive on the larger screen. Whether a spectator or participant, online challenges will become more fun and engaging. With UNO, the world famous card game, users can gather fourÂ friends and play on a single iPad using the new â€œOne Device Multiplayerâ€ mode. They can also connect with friends on iPad or iPhone devices for local and online Wi-Fi multiplayer gameplay.
With more than 900 developers dedicated to Appleâ€™s platforms, Gameloft is ideally positioned to seamlessly develop great products for iPad. Gameloft ended 2009 with 55 games for iPhone & iPod touch and has hit 10 million paid downloads on the App Store.
For a full list of games and features available on iPad go to:Â www.gameloft.com