Firemint have officially announced the release of Real Racing HD and Flight Control HD for the iPad. If you’ll recall, these two games on the iPhone and iPod Touch set the App Store on fire with their respective releases last year, with Flight Control even ushering the way for the countless line-drawing games that soon followed. Utilizing the iPad’s new hardware capabilities, Real Racing HD and Flight Control HD both feature great visuals and additional gameplay modes and content. From what we’ve seen, Firemint is looking like they have 2 sure-fire hit games on their hands once again. Video trailers and more info after the break!
Firemint, Real Racing HD – $9.99
- Car Skins – allows players to select photos from their Photo Album on iPad and Real Racing HD will automatically wrap the photo around the selected car. Artistic players can even use one of the many popular paint programs to create personalized racing decals, based on any of the existing car skins supplied with the game. Firemint will also release new Car Skins via its web site.
- Ghost Racing – lets players race against a pre-recorded ghost saved on iPad or downloaded from Firemint’s servers. Drivers can test their skills against the best in the world, or try to beat their own previous personal best. Ghosts will also be shown in Online League races, adding a whole new level of competitive fun to this popular play mode.
- Players can watch replays of their Time Trial races or any races uploaded to the leaderboards from within the game and select different camera angles while watching, providing an exciting new way to learn the best racing lines from the top drivers.
- Touch screen controls specifically designed for iPad, with a new sensitivity adjustment option.
Firemint, Flight Control HD – $4.99
- More ways to play, including multiplayer modes that take advantage of iPad’s innovative Multi-Touch interface.
- Split-screen “versus” mode: play competitively by sending your planes to capture aircraft from your opponent.
- Co-operative multiplayer on a single iPad: share landing duties with a friend on one of three HD airfields.
- Multiplayer on two devices (selected from iPad, iPhone or iPod touch): land aircraft of your own color, and direct others off the screen for your fellow Controller to land.
- More space to land your planes and bigger airports thanks to the large iPad screen, with three new HD airfields.
- Beautiful high-quality graphics throughout, including an all-new menu and updated graphics for the Classic airfields from the iPhone version.
- New Snow airfield with variable wind direction in addition to the four Classic iPhone airfields (Original, Beach, Carrier and Outback) and three HD airfields, for a total of eight single-player airfields.
- Quirky “3D view” airfield brings Flight Control to life like never before – use red/cyan glasses to see aircraft floating above the iPad (3D glasses not included, widely available from retailers such as amazon.com at low cost).
- Many more enhancements including all-new path continuation, improved collision warnings, a new “safe” fast forward function, and a longer version of the Flight Control song that you just can’t get out of your head!