Tokyo, Japan – Thanks to stunning online processing that shows just what your iPhone can do, ZombieBooth cranks up the fear factor to turn your photos of friends and family into an army of bloody, terrifying zombies. MotionPortrait’s cutting-edge technology takes a still photo and turns it into a living, breathing 3D movie that snaps and bays for brains right there on the iPhone screen.
Just fire up ZombieBooth, use the iPhone’s camera to take a snap of a friend (or use one from your Camera Roll) and wait for the magic to kick in while the MotionPortrait servers get to work. The result is as horrific as any SFX army of the undead you’ve seen on the silver screen – we’re not saying we can teach Hollywood to suck eggs, but our zombies are the real deal.
And, when you’re ready to spread the lust for brains, there’s a range of sharing options for getting your hideous avatar online through email and Twitter. What’s more, your ZombieBooth creations can also make the leap to our other smash-hit iPhone apps, PhotoSpeak and PhotoAvatar (both sold separately). Talking alien zombies, anyone?
Accompanied by full-blown horror sound effects, these creatures of the night are not for the faint-hearted or the very young – unless you want to induce heart attacks and nightmares, that is… Use with caution – you have been warned!
* Create a 3D zombie face from your photos or the iPhone camera
* Turn anyone into a gruesome member of the undead
* Cutting-edge MotionPortrait technology
* X-rated gory skin, eyes and teeth
* Horrific zombie sound effects
* A huge range of random zombies to build your nightmare army
* Touch the zombie’s mouth to make it snap at your finger
* Drag a finger across the screen to make the zombie follow your movements
* Save a snapshot in the Camera Roll
* Send your zombies by email
* Sharing by Twitter built in
Getting your photos ZombieBooth-ready. Our advanced face-recognition technology is cutting-edge but delicate and needs a good photo to work with. Here’s what you’ll need to look out for:
* The subject should be facing straight ahead with head held straight
* His or her forehead must be visible
* Bright natural light is best – shadows only get in the way
* A plain background helps with the face detection
* US English, French, German and Japanese
* Device must have a camera to use the camera functions, otherwise library photos work just fine
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
ZombieBooth 1.0 is $0.99 USD (0.79 Euro / £0.59 / 115 yen) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Developer MotionPortrait is one of Japan’s hottest new iPhone and Android dev studios, with several smash hits already under its belt. Find out more at the MotionPortrait website. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 MotionPortrait Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.