Madison, Wisconsin – Independent software developer Steve Glinberg today is pleased to announce the release of 123 Color Talking Coloring Book, version 1.3, a companion app to his top ranked math learning game for iPhone and iPod touch, KidCalc 7-in-1 Math Fun. 123 Color is a talking coloring book that teaches numbers, upper and lower case letters, shapes, and colors in English, Spanish, French and/or German as kids play.
In response to the most popular request by users, this third update to 123 Color Talking Coloring Book adds a gallery of drawings, displayed with cover-flow, just like the iPhone’s and iPod touch’s native iPod app uses to display album covers. This timely update to 123 Color also adds 10 new coloring book drawings including many for Easter, bringing the total number of drawings to 52.
123 Color has had an explosive launch:
* 123 Color became the #1 ranked app on Apple’s Top 100 education app’s list, making 123 Color the most downloaded education app for the iPhone and iPod touch less than two weeks after its initial release
* 123 Color has spent the past three weeks on Apple’s list of New & Noteworthy apps and Apple’s What’s Hot list of apps, where it appears currently
* 123 Color climbed to position #18 on Apple’s Top 100 Overall list of apps
* 123 Color climbed to position #68 on Apple’s Top 100 Grossing apps list
* KidCalc 7-in-1 Math Fun, the top selling math learning game by the same developer as 123 Color, is also currently a top 10 education app, and was formerly the #1 ranked education app
123 Color not only engages and entertains children with beautiful artwork, fun sound effects, rich music and the challenge of painting now more than 50 pictures, but it also teaches language skills with the help of clear, crisp voice-overs by male and female adult native speakers of English, Spanish, German, and French. Parents can select the English, Spanish, German, or French alphabet to be displayed and spoken, and parents can opt for numbers to be spoken in up to two of the four languages included.
Like KidCalc 7-in-1 Math Fun, 123 Color perfectly balances entertainment value with educational value, capturing and holding kids’ attention as they learn. 123 Color excites and engages kids, makes learning fun and easy, and enables parents to feel great about the games their children want to play.
“There is so much that we can now do as educational software developers given these great new tools that we couldn’t do before,” said Steve Glinberg, 123 Color’s developer. “The high-technology mobile devices we have today, such as the iPhone and iPod touch, and soon the iPad, hold unprecedented and boundless potential as tools for learning. With 123 Color I aimed to provide children with an immersive rich and exciting multimedia experience with plenty to touch, see and hear, and to make learning a language something children don’t even notice they are doing as they play 123 Color. Watching my daughter color in the drawings with determination, and then quickly move to snapping her fingers, dancing and singing along with the music after she completes each drawing, I get a strong sense that I have accomplished my goals.”
123 Color teaches the following skills:
* Number recognition by sight and sound
* Upper and lower case letter recognition by sight and sound
* English, Spanish, French and German number and letter pronunciations
* Creative expression – a mode where any color can be used to color the drawings
* Spelling of numbers in English, Spanish, French and German (for example, when the number 1 is touched, “One / Uno” is displayed when English and Spanish are selected as the primary and secondary languages)
Additional features include:
* Now 52 pages of engaging and colorful drawings
* Select a 7 color or a 30 color pallet (7 for young children)
* English, Spanish, French or German voice-overs and alphabets are included
* Voice-overs spoken by adults (male and female)
* Select up to two voice-overs to be spoken when numbers are touched
* Select which language is spoken first if more than one language is selected
* 23 exciting sound effects included
* 25 children’s songs included
* Individual (or all) songs and sound effects can be disabled
* Save artwork to the camera roll
* Email artwork to friends and family without leaving 123 color
123 Color’s learning activities challenge children to color segments of the drawings by finding and touching the properly numbered or lettered color on the color pallet. When letters and numbers are touched, voice-overs in the selected language or languages are played. Fun sound effects are also heard each time the drawing is touched, and when a drawing is complete children are rewarded with sounding trumpets, animated musical notes, and a chance to sing along with one of the 25 children’s songs included.
* Wheels On The Bus
* London Bridges
* Mary Had A Little Lamb
* Oh Susanna
* Three Blind Mice
* I’ve Been Working On The Railroad
* Irish Eye
* When The Saints Go Marching On
* Jingle Bells
* Pop Goes The Weasel
* Minuet by Beethoven
* Ode To Joy
* Many more
In addition to teaching language skills to children learning their primary language, 123 Color is also a powerful tool for introducing children to Spanish, French, German, or English as a foreign language.
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 17.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
123 Color Talking Coloring Book 1.3 for iPhone and iPod touch is available on sale for $0.99 (USD) in the App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin, Steve Glinberg is an independent software developer, iPhone enthusiast, and dad who is passionate about finding simple and effective ways to teach even advanced concepts to young children. All Material and Software (C) 2010 Steve Glinberg / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.