TouchMyApps is giving away 3 copies of Geocaching ($9.99), arguably the best geocaching app for the iDevice, AND 2x $10 iTunes gift cards via our very first “TMA Redeem Hunt”. If you’re unfamiliar with this popular ‘hide and seek’ like game involving “treasures”, Geocaching.com describes it as:
…a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.
Departing from our usual giveaways where you simply leave comments and/or send Tweets to enter, our Redeem Hunt will require a bit more work. Following in the footsteps of Geocaching, we’ll be giving you “locations” on TMA, where “hidden” links will take you directly to the App Store to redeem the app and/or iTunes gift card! Interested? Well, you better check the full instructions within and get crackin’ before someone else beats you to your treasure!
Update: Thanks to all who participated in our first Redeem Hunt Giveaway. All the links have been found and prizes redeemed For those of you who took part in the contest and have suggestions to make it more fun (and challenging) send us an email at info[at]touchmyapps.com! We’ll be launching more Redeem Hunts in the near future, so stay tuned!
- This Geocaching Redeem Hunt is open to all, though you must have a valid US App Store account in order to redeem your code.
- 5 links (3x promo code and 2x gift card links) are hidden in a randomly picked post/article from the specified categories (aka locations).
- Upon clicking the correct and winning link, you will be directed to iTunes, where you’ll be asked to enter your account login info (US) to redeem your app/gift certificate.
- If the code to 1 of the 5 links has already been redeemed, you will see the message in iTunes: This code has already been used. Each code may only be used once.
Below, you will find the locations for where the links are placed. Each Redeem link is hidden in a single chosen post found in 1 of the 2 specified categories. For example, if one of the links is located in the Action/Adventure categories, you will have to “hunt” for the link in one of the posts in these two sections. The clickable links (found only in the body of post and not sidebars) can be hidden in any part of the text, an image or even in the comments area!
The contest will close once all the links have been redeemed. Now that you know the rules, here are the locations. Good luck everyone! Go Go Go!
Geocaching Promo Code
- Geocaching Redeem link #1: Productivity / Word
- Geocaching Redeem link #2: Featured / Contest
- Geocaching Redeem link #3: Business / Utilities
iTunes Gift Cards