Chillingo are gunning for Zenonia this Christmas with Seed, a new anime/action RPG , which designated by the numeral “1″ may be followed up by sequels and sequels of sequels. And keeping with the holiday spirit, Chillingo have reduced the introductory price to only 2.99$ so that you can save your pennies for more holiday apps, or a pair of nice noise-cancelling headphones for your luvy. Of course, Chillingo have already published what in my opinion is the most complete RPG experience on the iDevice, The Quest. Seed may find a new hallowed spot among the App Store’s Best anime RPGs. We’ll be sure to tell you.
Press release and Screenies after the gap:
Unprecedented RPG depth and adventure available now for iPhone and iPod touch.
In SEED 1: Rise of Darkness, players adventure within a thriving fantasy-RPG universe developed by CH Games. Players begin their adventure as an unskilled apprentice, who must defeat enemy monsters and complete quests to discover new weapons, skills and spells. Eventually, they will become a powerful hero who can change the fantasy world of Kalikoop forever.
- Explore a thriving fantasy universe: Every step of this exciting journey will be rewarding and enjoyable! Visit over 20 unique towns, and conquer monstrous enemies on hundreds of battlefields around the world.
- Grow and customize your character: Collect special items and manipulate them to your preference through socketing, compounding and refining your collection. Use skill and intelligence to make powerful combinations of untold power!
- Use reflexes and skill in combat: Battle armies of fearsome monsters using weapons and magical forces. Upgrade skills and learn new abilities via elemental combat powers, weapon specializations and stunning magical spells.
- Ever-changing appearance: Become attached to your character as they grow. See your character’s appearance change every time you equip powerful new armor and impressive weaponry!
- Real-time changes to the game universe: Witness day turning to night in-game, just as it does in the world around you. Some quests can only be done at night, while your battles also change as the sun fades and the moon rises!
- Easy transport and discovery: Want to save time? Just take a trip on the Ship or the Air Balloon to make your travel easier.
“All of the characters and quests in SEED 1 took a long time to create,” said Jinsik Kim of CH Games. “The end result was worth the effort, as this game is incredibly deep and offers unprecedented variety to iPhone and iPod touch adventure gamers.”