There’s an app for that: First Aid training on the go with PocketCPR
A vast section of the App Store is dedicated to personal health: apps for malignant mole detection, for the monitoring of body weight fit, etc.; each fitting snugly alongside hundreds of their brethren. And in that group is the first aid group which includes demonstrations, videos, and how-to’s. Only one of that number, however, lets you administer CPR to your iDevice. PocketCPR either coaches or recuses your CPR efforts by detecting your methods with the inbuilt-accelerometer and some lovely programming.
If you get strange looks while pile-driving your iPhone, say that you are practicing medicine: when an emergency calls, you alone may be fit enough to lend a helping hand. NOTE: PocketCPR hasn’t been ratified by the U.S. FDA.
App Description and screenshots after the gap.
PocketCPR for iPhone™ provides REAL-TIME feedback and instructions on CPR that empowers ANYONE to learn and practice CPR, so that they can be READY when seconds really count!!! The technology is the same as that used in PocketCPR, an FDA-cleared device, for actual rescue from sudden cardiac arrest.
Pocket CPR for iPhone is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help.
PocketCPR for iPhone:
- Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the iPhone for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing.
- Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer.
Other CPR prompting devices can provide instructions on CPR or encourage you on the steps and pace of CPR, but ONLY PocketCPR for iPhone can:
- Give instructions
- Prompt on the steps for proper CPR
- AND give you REAL-TIME feedback on the chest compressions you deliver.
PocketCPR for iPhone will remind you to Call for Help, to provide ventilations according to guidelines (optional), and to perform CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Assocation and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
Pocket CPR for iPhone features include:
- Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival
- Option to go straight to chest compressions for those who are familiar with the initial Chain of Survival steps
- Precise metronome to pace chest compressions
- Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower.
- Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions.
- Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer.
- Prompts to remind the user to provide ventilations after the detection of 30 chest compressions.
- Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR.
- Complete Instructions for Use
NOTE: The Pocket CPR for iPhone is currently for training and practice purposes only. The application is not yet cleared by the U.S. FDA for use in an actual rescue.
Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later
Minor cosmetic changes have been made to reflect the affiliation with our parent company, ZOLL Medical Corporation, a leading provider of resuscitation products including Real CPR Help and See-Thru CPR technology.