The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures – the return of the true light-hearted RPG
The return of true light-hearted RPGs has been spiced by many hopefuls, but on 5 November, Tecmo’s 2006 Japanese mobile phone hit, The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures, slipped into the App Store for what truly is light-hearted adventure. No need to don your thinking caps, or level-busters – from graphics to music, The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures is good ol’ fashioned monster-killing fun. And thankfully, your hero is easy to control. 8-Bit Treasure has been a hit over the years on handsets all over Japan, but Tecmo have pulled off a decent control scheme, even for sausage-fingered folk!
Press Release and lotsa images after the gap:
The #1 mobile phone game in Japan debuts overseas with an update for iPhone and iPod touch!
Released in 2006 on Japanese cell phones, the original Isle of 8-Bit Treasures was ranked as the most downloaded application on multiple occasions. Now updated for iPhone and iPod touch, The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures gets its English debut November 5th.
“The Isle of 8-Bit Treasures” is a light-hearted, retro-style dungeon raiding RPG designed specifically for mobile gaming. Clearing a dungeon only takes 5-10 minutes, so it’s perfect for just picking up and playing. But the variety of dungeons, missions and loot can keep you occupied for hours.
- Over 20 unique dungeons: Dungeons change layouts every time you enter them, so you never play the same game twice.
- Over 60 missions: Each dungeon also has a number of missions which need different strategies to clear.
- Customizable weapons: Strengthen your weapons by fusing items to them. Customize your weapons and take on the dungeons however you want.
- Different jobs, different play styles: Choose from 3 classes—swordsman, witch, or hunter. Each class has its own strength, health and weapons, so who you use will change how you play.
- No worries about leveling up! Your characters always return to Level 1 when they start a dungeon, so there is no permanent leveling up. That means you have to put your own skills, experience and know-how to use in dungeons that always present a new challenge.
- Touch controls: Quick and intuitive game controls. Just touch or drag an item from the on-screen list to use it.
- Make your own dungeons and weapons from your own music library. See what surprises come from your favorite tunes! (requires iPhone OS 3.0)