Gameloft, having recently released a pair of highly anticipated titles in Ashpalt 5 and Earth Worm Jim, are at it once again with the announcement of more great looking games. The Settlers, a critically acclaimed RTS series for the PC and one of the more popular in the genre, will be making its way onto the iDevice (with optimized gameplay for the platform). Rogue Planet, developed by 1112′s Agharta Studios, is a very promising futuristic TBS (turn-based strategy) that I’m hoping will be the iPhone’s answer to the big N’s Advanced Wars. Finally, Castle Frenzy, another castle defense type game, looks to wow fans of the genre with some snazzy visuals and unique gameplay. All in all, Gameloft have lined up 3 App Store titles that will surely have i-gamers whet with excitement. Be sure to check out the videos and more info after the break.
The Settlers Storyline:
You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
You will plunge into the adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPhone/iPod touch.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
Rogue Planet Storyline: Plunge into this unique turn-based strategy game set in a futurist world. Take command of unbelievable battles in Solo and Multiplayer modes!
The colonial ship Nimah returns to Earth after 30 years of refining space travel technology only to discover their planet has been colonized by machines. Commander Geoffrey Parker now engages in a war to liberate Earth.
- A breathtaking story mode: Discover the story through numerous cutscenes. Complete 19 campaign missions to defeat the machines and take back Earth!
- Get ready for endless fun with a Quick Play mode features 34 maps: 19 from Story mode and 15 new ones, all playable with 2 different armies and 3 difficulty levels.
- Multiplayer Mode: Face your friend’s army via local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection (online multiplayer via Wi-Fi coming soon in the next update).
- Realistic Environment and Animations: Sci-fi visuals and 3D backgrounds provide maximum immersion in the game.
- Optimized Gameplay: Touch the screen to select your units, zoom-in or rotate the game field.
- A Lively Soundtrack for a unique feeling of intensity: Epic themes, shouting soldiers and mechanical sound effects give life to your army!