Earthworm Jim, for those dying to relive their 16-year old days — or more likely in the case of a majority of iPhone gamers, for those who want to sniff out the platformers their parents played — is out and causing a stir among former Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, ABC, and U2 fans who, while proclaiming nearly unilateral praise for the app, divulge too much personal information. Gameloft’s labours have beefed up the heroic platformer, allowing the discount-greedy iPhone generation to enjoy the game that refocused the platform genre on gameplay and antics. General fanfare is positive with the current 1.0 build gobbling up a disproportionate number of enthused 5 star one-liner reviews at the App Store. My current favourite among them is this: “Brings me back to 1994 before all my dreams were crushed by the real world. Graphics are pimp.”
If that doesn’t scream BUY ME!, I don’t know what will.
App Release Information
Grooooovy! One of the all-time most iconic video game characters is now coming to iPhone & iPod touch!
Live or re-live the freaky adventures of Earthworm Jim in a refreshing remake of the classic action/platform game.
Jim was an ordinary earthworm who did very earthworm-like things. One day, during a battle in outer-space, a suit dropped to Earth and landed on Jim, mutating him into a large and intelligent (at least by earthworm standards) superhero. When Jim learns of the evil plans of Psy-Crow and Queen Slug-for-a-Butt, he decides to rescue Princess What’s-Her-Name.
Play as the grooviest earthworm in the galaxy, and explore a crazy universe that offers huge gameplay possibilities:
- Run, gun, swing from hooks with your head, launch cows, bungee jump, rocket through speed levels and more.
- Face 12 types of enemies and 9 bosses.
- 4 different styles of gameplay: Side-scrolling run & gun, space racing, bungee jumping and underwater levels
- 10 original environments divided into 16 levels
- 4 levels of difficulty – including the challenging mode of the original game
- The re-mastered cult soundtrack
- iPod library access to play your favorite tracks while playing the game.
Follow us (EWJ Team) on Twitter for more information: EarthwormjimHD