Gameloft’s Derek Jeter Real Baseball set to make contact for the iPhone
RPGs? Check. Action titles? Check. Sports Games? Double check. Gameloft, one of the leading game publishers at the App Store, already have a handful of sports apps covered on the iDevice: Real Tennis, NFL 2010 and Real Soccer 2010 to name only a few. Now you can also add baseball to their resume. Bearing the name of Yankees star shortstop Derek Jeter, Gameloft hope to clean up the competition with Real Baseball’s solid 3D graphics and realistic gameplay elements. While specific details are scant at the moment, we’ve been provided with some screenshots and gameplay trailer for your eyes to feast on.
The other good news? Gameloft are also holding a contest that involves you, a baseball and a video cam for a chance at one of 10 prizes, including 3 iPod Touches just waiting to be won. Sweet. More after the jump.
- Best graphics of any baseball simulation on the App Store with all 3D players and stadiums
- Lifelike animations when batting, pitching or catching and also features an innovative gauge to use for batting so swings can be even more accurate and powerful
- iTunes Music Library access
- Delivers intense realism thanks to audio commentary, sound effects and spectator reactions to your plays
- Print the official target of the contest (click here for target and official contest page)
- Record a video showing a spectacular and accurate pitch at the target
- Upload the video on the contest website
- Users can then vote for their favorite videos.
The prizes are:
- from 1st to 3rd rank: an iPod Touch
- from 4th to 5th : an official MLB jersey
- from 6th to 10th rank: an official MLB cap
**The stars of the 10 best videos will be featured in Derek Jeter Real Baseball as players in a special team!