A favourite desktop download/file sharing tool has made its the downhill trek to the App Store, and for the right glint of the dime. Dropbox is free and will allow you to access 2GB worth of files between devices such as a Mac, Linux, or Windows computer and now, the iDevice.
In the Dev’s own words, dropbox is: “the easiest way to sync your files online and across computers, and share them with people”.
Dropbox has the following features:
- Access your Dropbox on the go
- View your files
- Download files for offline viewing
- Take photos and videos and sync them to your Dropbox
- Share links to files in your Dropbox
- Photo galleries
- Sync downloaded files so they’re up-to-date
And in future versions, will support the following:
- Resume download of favorited files (if download was interrupted).
- Resume uploading of photos and videos (if upload was interrupted).
- Ability to create folders and shared folders
- Move and copy
- Ability to view and restore past file revisions
- Search entire Dropbox, rather than just the current folder
Dropbox documentation is excellent and its website has forums to boot.