Dexter the Game now available for the iPhone
Dexter the Game, one of the more eagerly awaited titles for the iDevice, has finally sneaked into the App Store for the kill. As most of you already know, Dexter is arguably one of the best TV shows around (certainly one of my favorites) that follows the story of Dexter Morgan, a blood splatter analyst for the Miami police department who leads a double life and morphs into a menacing serial killer by night (stalking only those who deserve it of course…)
Help Dexter serve justice and protect his identity while testing your investigative skills. Analyze crime scenes, uncover evidence, and choose which brand of justice best suits the situation: the courts or the Dark Passenger. The outcome of every choice and action revolves around the Code of Harry: only kill the guilty, maintain the Mask, and, above all, don’t get caught!
This visually stunning game also features an original storyline written by series producer Tim Schlattmann and voice overs by the man himself, Michael C. Hall. The early feedback on iTunes has been generally positive and it’s looking like fans of the TV series should definitely be checking out Dexter the Game, one that could very well propel into the App Store Top 10 bestsellers in no time.
Marc Ecko Entertainment, Dexter the Game, $5.99, 396 MB
Dexter the Game is the killer 3D iPod Touch / iPhone game based on the Showtime Original Series. Dexter Morgan is a serial killer. Driven by his need to kill, maintaining his average-guy façade has never been easy. He spends his days as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami police department, but it’s after hours when Dexter is able to fulfill the needs of his dark passenger, exacting his own brand of justice on those criminals who truly deserve to die.
In the game, help Dexter choose his next victims while always protecting his identity. Analyze crime scenes, uncover evidence and use stealth tactics to stalk your prey. Is the case best served by the courts or the Dark Passenger? The outcome of every choice and action revolves around the Code of Harry: only kill the guilty, maintain the mask, and above all, don’t get caught!
Play the game and WIN A WALK-ON ROLE TO SEASON 5!! Lunch with the show’s writer or one of many instant prizes including DVDs and t-shirts! To get a code, purchase Dexter the Game from the iTunes App Store. See www.dexterthegame.com for official rules. No purchase necessary.
- Hours of gameplay with tense action in 3D environments as Dexter stalks his prey .
- Over 1100 lines of dialogue, including original voiceovers from Michael C. Hall.
- Includes an original storyline with writing by series producer Tim Schlattmann.
- Next-Gen 3D engine allows for multiple cameras: first person, 3rd person; pinch the screen to fully customize your view between First and 3rd person.
- Multiple control modes: tilt to move, Dual yokes, single yoke, multi-touch. Play Dexter the way you want!
- Advanced dynamic audio support, includes ducking and 3D sound.
- Exclusive Blood Spatter analysis game just like Dexter does it on the TV series.
- Context sensitive controls allowing you to perform complex actions with a tap of the screen. Scale fences, pick locks and decode passwords.
- Developed to take advantage of signature features such as the touch screen, accelerometer and recent iPhone 3.0 additions.