About a month ago, we had posted the teaser trailer for the eagerly awaited Modern Combat: Sandstorm by Gameloft. The video surprised a lot of folks with just how good games on the iDevice can look and makes us wonder if developers have already pushed the iPlatform to its limits in the visuals department (lets hope not). Well the wait is over for all you FPS and Call of Duty 4 fans; Modern Combat is now finally out at the App Store.
Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Gameloft’s new action-thriller will plunge you into the heart of modern war. Assigned to Mission Sandstorm, your duty is to locate and annihilate a new terrorist cell setting up shop and recruiting foreign insurgents in a remote desert hot spot. This jarring first person shooter will equip you with the most sophisticated and powerful modern day weapons.
You never want to judge a book by its cover, but damn, Modern Combat is looking like a must have FPS for the iPhone/iPod Touch. If blasting terrorists to bits is your cup of tea (on the iDevice no less), you probably don’t want to miss out on Gameloft’s latest App Store offering. More info including a sweet gameplay trailer after the jump.
Gameloft, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, $6.99, 185 MB
- 10 missions featuring varied and highly polished Middle Eastern environments (city, hospital, sewers, port, lab, training camp etc…)
- Intuitive iPhone controls offer unprecedented game fluidity. Choose among 3 different control systems: Default Controls, Screen Tap and Virtual Sticks
- Use a wide range of authentic, advanced weapons (2 assault rifles, sniper rifle, RPG, shotgun, submachine gun, light machine gun, heavy machine gun mounted on a moving 4X4, explosive grenades, flashbang grenades, radiation detector) enriched with a leveling system that allows the player to progressively unlock weapons and use munitions from fallen foes
- Aim and shoot with extra precision in Sniper and Ironsight mode
- Highly polished 3D graphics provide full immersion into the military experience and high intensity combat
- Cinematic snippets, military voice-overs and true-to-life situations increase game realism
Brace yourself for war like you’ve never experienced it before.