Navigon’s MobileNavigator – hops the pond to North America
Navigon, a well-known navigation company from Hamburg have augmented North American iPods with the App Store’s first professional GPS system. The app promises to turn your iPhone into a ‘first-rate navigation system’ – a promise that we have heard before. This time however, Navigon’s professional experience and overall polish are swaying the majority of App Store users. There are a few problems, but as a first release on this side of the Atlantic, a little culture shock is to be expected. MobileNavigator is a whopping 1,29 GB, so it may be time to pair down your music library, saying adieu to Michael Jackson once and for all.
Navigon AG, MobileNavigator North America, 69.99$, 1,29 GB – North American version
Navigon AG, MobileNavigator Europe, 139.99$, 1,65 GB – European Version
There are a couple of good videos showing MobileNavigator in action – check them out after the jump.
NAVIGON is introducing the first professional navigation solution for the iPhone!
Turn your iPhone into a first-rate navigation system with MobileNavigator. Try the feature for yourself and enjoy the excellent user control and superior design that allow simple and intuitive operating. The application includes the latest map material from the market leader NAVTEQ and can be used without an Internet connection, which is of enormous benefit abroad, for example, as no extra charges are incurred. With MobileNavigator you can turn your iPhone into an equally handy and convenient route guidance system.
Features and range of functions:
- 2D and 3D map displays
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise voice announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Reality View Pro (realistic display of motorway interchanges and exits)
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real signpost display
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- Day and night mode for map display
- Direct access and navigation to contacts saved in the iPhone’s address book
- The latest NAVTEQ map material including more than two million (EU version) places of interest (POIs)
- Navigation is automatically resumed after an incoming phone call
- Quick access to user-defined POIs in the area and along the route
- Take Me Home function with a single click
- Automatic language selection to match the iPhone’s user language
Here we answer your questions:
iPhone FAQ (english)
- Free Update will be available in July!
- Additional languages: Portugese, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Croatian, Romanian, Slovakian, Greek and Russian (GUI und Audio)
- NAVIGON’s route planning function known from the companies PND line that enables users to plan a route with several destinations
- Safety cameras (not for all countries)
- Additional map view options (now displays street names in 3D view, optional points of interest (POI) display)
- Call POI function (call the number of a POI and save it to your contacts)
- Optimized volume control when using the NAVIGON navigation and the integrated iPod function of the iPhone at the same time
Even more features!
More functions such as TMC and text-to-speech will follow in late summer.
iPhone Navigon MobileNavigator VS NAVIGON