As expected, the highly anticipated Doom Resurrection has been released today at the App Store. Unlike id Software’s first iDevice title Wolfenstein 3D Classic, Doom Resurrection is a brand new Doom experience designed from the ground up for the i-Platform.
Scientists on a remote research facility on Mars have lost control of their experiment and all Hell has broken loose. As the last surviving Marine in your unit, you must defeat Hell’s minions and unravel the mystery of what has happened on Mars. Earth’s future depends on you!
Courage alone will not be enough to stand up to the evil that awaits you. Utilize a devastating arsenal of weapons, helpful NPC’s and your environment to succeed. With an assault rifle, shotgun, a vicious chainsaw, and more, you will even the odds in a raging battle against unnatural beasts hell-bent on flaying your flesh and damning your soul.
While Resurrection is by all account an FPS, id Software elected for an “on-rail” shooter as opposed to giving players freedom of movement in any given level. With the scripted path that players must take, the heart of the action lies in the shooting aspect of the game, which is controlled via the accelerometer. With stunning visuals, graphical assets from Doom 3, 8 all new levels, 5 hours of gameplay and an impressive 30 frames per second of sweet onscreen mayhem, FPS fans will not want to miss out on this very promising and latest installment of Doom.
id Software, Doom Resurrection, $9.99, 79.6 MB
- An all-new chapter of the DOOM saga designed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch
- Advanced graphics engine designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the power found in Apple’s mobile devices
- Wield an arsenal of heavy-hitting weapons to defeat a variety of hideous monsters and bosses
- Innovative controls for fast-paced and accessible first-person action
- Intense story that new players and long-time DOOM fans can enjoy
8 all new levels
- 6 various Mars themed levels
- 2 Hell themed levels