Yesterday, we posted about the soon-to-be released Reign of Swords: Episode II, a solid multiplayer TBS (turn based strategy). Well, there’s another sequel about to hit the App Store and it’s none other than Sentinel 2: Earth Defense. The first Sentinel (Mars Defense) successfully blended the TD genre with a Sci-Fi theme and was considered by some as one of the top Tower Defenses on the iDevice. With a new location and a host of new features and gameplay elements, Sentinel 2 looks poised to take the series to new heights.
It’s war, and this time it’s too close to home. The Martian mission may be over, but the aliens haven’t finished playing space invaders yet. Extraterrestrial eyes have turned to a new target: they want Earth, and you’re the one that has to say ‘no’. Welcome to the future of Tower Defense.
We have more screenshots and a great video of Earth Defense in action after the jump. If you remotely enjoyed the first Sentinel, you are definitely going to want to check out the gameplay vid in action. The game looks downright sweet and all the new features should make it a hit once again come launch day.
Sentinel 2: Earth Defense expands upon the acclaimed gameplay of Sentinel: Mars Defense with a host of new features. The action takes place across varied, lushly rendered Earth environments as the dropship Sentinel battles to repel an extraterrestrial threat to humanity. The alien assault force has grown more vicious than ever – luckily, human turret technology has also advanced, and the ship weapons system provides a spectacular new way to eradicate invaders!
New in Sentinel 2:
- Unleash the Sentinel’s incredible ship weapons system – if you’ve got the power to do so…
- Deploy mobile attack drones to harass the enemy and augment static defenses.
- Construct boosters to buff your offense, and upgrade to top-tier towers for devastating special moves!
- Pit yourself against previously unseen members of the star spawned horde.
- Mission mode provides quick tactical challenges. Beat a scenario to earn achievements!
- Full online highscores, achievements, friends and chat using the OpenFeint 2.0 system.
- Exclusive new music written by Specimen A
Classic Sentinel features:
- Specialised structures and units provide unique tactical gameplay.
- Use the landscape and destructible defenses to maximize the effectiveness of your weapons.
- Resource harvesting and interest system adds a new dimension of risk and reward.
- Visually stunning environments, towers and enemies with fluid zooming and scrolling.