Chillingo aim to bring a new SHMUP to the App store whose central theme is street-art as fought along the underground. Yes, you heard correctly, ‘fought along the underground’. Underground’s art is the work of Mr Frames of BBC, MTV and the Royal Academy of Arts fame and will probably forge ahead a new genre of game in the App Store: Horror/SHMUP.
Below is the press release from Chillingo:
Take a journey with a graffiti artist through the underground transport system as they battle through their inner demons on a mission to rectify a previous art crime. Fight your way through a series of street art inspired levels and lift the curse that seems to haunt their every move. Unfold the story as you stop at each beautifully 3D rendered station and get closer to the truth behind the myth. Classic 2d side scrolling shoot em up gameplay takes you on a trip through the thoughts and anxieties of our cursed artist as they make their way to their final destination.
For the iPhone and iPod touch – Underground is a horror/graffiti themed side scrolling shoot em up.
· Graffiti artwork by renowned street artist Mr Frames, whose previous commissions include MTV, BBC and Royal Academy of Arts.
· Classic 2D side scrolling SHMUP
· Uses the iPhone and iPod touch’s tilt and multi touch controls
· Over 60 different enemies with a vast range of behaviours
· 11 different weapons
· 3 levels of difficulty over 12 levels
· Power-ups include shield and slow motion “Bullet Time”
· Story mode with realtime 3d cut scenes
· Shoot in any direction simply by touching the screen
Underground also includes an original Hip Hop music score composed by Pp3d which fuses dark beats and hip hop to compliment and enhance Underground as a gaming experience.
Check Below for other Chillingo Games at TMA:
Return to Mysterious Island, Toki Tori, Toki Tori Lite, Defender Chronicles, Knights Onrush, Glide Factor, Vampire Origins, Flip Disc, The Quest, Dungeon and Hero, Zen Bound, iDracula, Orions: Legends of Wizards, Krypton Egg, Vector Tanks, Flatland Unbound, Bike or Die 2, Sneezies, iPingPong 3D, HiConverter