Another release, another potential hit on their hands. Chillingo, one of the most successful publishers at the App Store thus far, has just released Knights Onrush, a great looking ‘defend yer castle’ type game for the iDevice. Developed by MoreGames, who also brought you such hits as iDracula and Orions: Legend of Wizards, Knights Onrush looks to take on all current Castle Defense (CD) titles with its fun gameplay and vibrant visuals. Stickwars, the reigning CD champ at the iTunes box office with a great run at the Top 10, will certainly get a run for its money by the visually superior Knights. Jim will be pumping out our review of the game shortly, so stay tuned. In the meanwhile, check out some gameplay vids and features after the break.
Knights Onrush [$4.99]
Knights are now officially Onrush!
They usually come before dawn and attack your home castle. They break through defense and attack every single man, pillaging, destroying everything. Not this time! Let’s show them what we’ve got! Flick them into the air, crash them into ground, blow them up, freeze them, boil them, sacrifice them, anything.
- Epic campaign with 12 castles to defend.
- 11 enemy types, including Wizards, Catapults, Bombers, Assassins, each with unique abilities.
- Defensive structures like Boulder Thrower, Fireball, Squasher, Freezer, and Flamethrower.
- Different landscapes (Forest, Plains, Desert).
- Endless siege and Madness modes.
- Automatic save/load.
Planned future additions:
- More levels!
- Flying enemies.
- Huge bosses.
- More landscapes.
- More defensive structures.