Firemint’s Flight Control gets 1.2 Update
Over the past several months, there have been some great games priced at a dollar that has made its way to the Top 10 at the App Store: Doodle Jump, Pocket God and Stickwars just to name a few. Not only are they great in value, but their developers have also made every effort in updating the game to keep the content fresh and sweet. Well Firemint, the fine folks behind one of the most popular titles in Flight Control (and one that had been enjoying life atop of the App World for quite sometime) has just released a worthwhile update that includes more planes, airports and in-game scoreboards for those ultra competitive stat junkies.
If you have yet to try out Flight Control, do us a favor and buy the $0.99 game ASAP. Its fun, addictive and crazy challenging (I can’t disclose how many planes I have landed for fear of being mocked), and it sure beats being a real ATC controller. Be sure to check out J. D’s review of the game and more juicy screenshots/details can be found after the jump.
Air traffic control is the world’s most stressful job, but not for you. You don’t need heading angles, flight rules or meteorological reports, you’re a natural! A prodigy! A born controller! Just touch and drag the planes to their runway.
- Incredibly simple, but amazingly engaging.
- Beautiful graphics and animation.
- Insanely addictive ‘one more go’ gameplay.
Flight Control now includes 3 airfields and 9 aircraft types:
- Earn your wings on the beloved classic map that started it all!
- NEW: Coast into a relaxing beachside resort and guide the jets, helicopters and seaplanes in to land (or float…)
- NEW: Take the helm of the control center on an aircraft carrier and command military jets and helicopters. Watch out for the twist in this one 😉
Game features include:
- Quick save and resume: whenever the game exits (for example, because you receive a phone call) your current game will be saved and be ready for you to resume the next time you play.
- NEW: You can now fast-forward the game and speed up the action. No more waiting impatiently for the first few planes to appear!
- Play in-game sound and music or listen to your own iTunes music.
Aim for a new personal best or compete with other Flight Controllers (online scoreboards are available with an Internet connection):
- Track your performance with detailed statistics.
- Compare yourself to others with in-game location based online scoreboards.
- NEW: Additional in-game scoreboards now also include personal bests and all nearby players, regardless of rank.
Flight Control also has its own website community at flightcontrol.cloudcell.com:
- See Google Maps mashups of Flight Controller scores.
- Link to your Twitter account to automatically tweet your new personal best scores.
- Add tags to your Cloudcell profile to help your friends find you and keep track of other Flight Controllers by ‘Following’ them.
So welcome aboard, please sit back, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the mayhem!