TouchMyApps is giving away 5 copies of ezShare ($4.99), a fully featured and very capable file access and sharing app for your iDevice. Not only does it act as a WiFi hard drive app, but users are also able to print files, view documents and JPEGs, zip/unzip files, stream MP3s from your computer and more.
Access files stored on:
- Your Home or Work Desktop/Laptop,
- WebDav server (ex. MobileMe iDisk),
- Google Docs/Picasa (no Spreadsheets support yet),
- FTP, NAS Servers,
- Airport Extreme or Time Capsule
- Other iPhone/iPod touch users.
To enter for a chance at winning 1 of 5 copies, tell us why you’d like to try out ezShare for your iPod/iPhone and which of its many features will come in most handy for you. Winners will be selected randomly and the giveaway will close May 16th.
As well, follow us on Twitter and tweet: RT @TouchMyApps – ezShare Promo Code Giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/qcxjnw
Introducing the next generation file access and sharing for the iPhone/iPod touch.
If you think we are going to describe yet another “WiFi” hard drive app, you will be surprised …
Away from the office?
VPN in to your corporate network and access your files on your computer.
EASY TO SETUP
* Supports Microsoft’s native file sharing for Windows. Just right click a folder and share it.
* In MAC OSX Leopard (10.5.X) turn on File Sharing (SMB and/or FTP).
* ezShare can discover computers on the local network (Windows, MAC, Linux etc).
* Save files/folders directly from ezShare
* Alternatively, use ezShare as a “WiFi” drive from your computer
Do you have a MAC and a printer?
ezShare can print your remote or local documents/pictures
Simultaneously transfer files or folders from one server (iDisk, Laptop/Desktop, FTP etc) to another (iDisk, Laptop, FTP…).
The files are not stored on the device during the transfer.
* Download and view MS Office, PDF, Text and Image files (standard iPhone formats)
* Scroll or Jump to a page in a PDF file.
JPEG IMAGE VIEWER
View JPEG images stored on your Laptop/Desktop without copying them to the device.
* Zip folders on your device or computer.
* Browse zip files and unzip individual files or the entire archive.
When using your computer, the zip file is not downloaded for browsing or unzip.
MUSIC/VIDEO (standard iPhone formats)
* Stream audio (MP3) from your desktop/laptop
* Download (streaming coming soon) and watch videos
Simple web browser to download files from the internet.
WAKE ON LAN
This allows a computer to be woken up remotely by a another computer on the network.
We want you to know what you are buying. Please take some time to read the limitations of the current release at the end.
ezShare has been designed with the vision of facilitating access to *ALL* your files from the iPhone/iPod touch.
Currently supported protocols include:
* CIFS / SMB, FTP, NFS, WEBDAV
STILL NOT SURE?
See the FAQ on our website or Contact us and we will do our best to assist you with your questions.
You can also check out the ezShare videos at www.antecea.com
We cannot respond to reviews, so if you have any problems, we can only help if you contact us.
*********** LIMITATIONS ***********
* We have reports of MAC OSX 10.4.X (Tiger) having trouble connecting via SMB (FTP will work Tiger’s firewall disabled).
* Files on a remote server cannot be edited or deleted
* Limited RTF support (text view only), no support for RTFD
* ezShare v1.0.1 limits the maximum number of files displayed in a folder to 2048.
Thanks for all the comments folks. Congrats to the following winners:
Brendon, Tab, JoJo, @SteveNake and Gretchen Imbergamo
For all those who didn’t win a copy this time round, be sure to check out ezShare ($4.99) for your file sharing needs!