Assassin’s Creed to Creep into App Store: Buyer’s and Infidel’s Beware
Gameloft‘s Assassin’s Creed has been whispered to be soft-footing it toward our favourite buttonless platform in what is destined to be the biggest gaming year for the iDevice to date [sic]. If either Assassin’s Creed or the name Altairr ings a bell, it is because the DS sported both in a port from the successful XBOX and Playstation 3 titles. So, in the spirit of other ports from the DS, Gameloft will bring us the stealthy thriller for the iPhone as early as next week. Be sure to check out our review.
Fortunately, there are some rifts between the expensive and short DS title and the iPhone version. Firstly, our beloved iDevice harnesses greater graphical power than the DS and a much higher resolution than both of the DS screens combined. What that means for fans of brawlers and stealth-killers essentially is, much better blood! Secondly, it will be much cheaper and carry next to no landfill packaging.
For fans of the DS version, rest assured that minigames will safely slip into the iDevice including the famous pressure-point attack and pickpocket scenes.Â
Gameloft describe Assassin’s Creed like this:
Jerusalem, 1191 AD. The Third Crusade against the Saracens is tearing the Holy Land apart.
You are a Altair, a Master Assassin sent by The Order of Assassins on a quest to steal â€œThe Chaliceâ€ from the Templars in order to end the Crusades. The fate of the Holy Land depends on you…
Plunge into this direct prequel to the critically acclaimed Assassin’s Creedâ„¢. This game offers rich gameplay and a well-balanced mix of stealth, chaotic action and riddle-solving exploration set in the midst of fully 3D-rendered historical environments set in the Crusade’s Middle East.
- Incredible variety of acrobatic moves for a very rewarding gaming experience.
- 6 different weapons: sword, dagger, crossbow, smoke bomb, exploding bomb and grappling hook.
- Skill-based mini-games test your patience & dexterity: Pick pockets, interrogate informants & more.
- An unparalleled sense of drama on iPhone, intensified by 3D cinematic cutscenes and voice acting.
- Upgrade your character and weapons with collected orbs.
- Highly polished 3D graphics provide full immersion in a realistic Medieval Middle East environment.