Fieldrunners 1.2 Now Available
Even with the mega success of Fieldrunners, Subatomic Studios is hard at work making an awesome Tower Defense game even better via updates. 1.2 brings new Fieldrunners to blast, 2 new defense towers, improved lightning visuals and even a new map (among other goodies). The Flame tower will roast a slew of Fieldrunners while the Mortar tower will obliterate entire areas of the map. Sweeet! In terms of a new locale, the Drylands map will create even more challenges as enemies now have 3 points of entry. A complete list of new features and screenshots after the jump.
- Flame tower: The flame tower is capable of incinerating multiple fiedrunners in a single fiery swoop.
- Mortar Tower: With a destructive payload and an explosive force, the mortar tower can obliterate entire areas of the field in a single devastating attack.
- Sell without penalty: A tower that is both purchased and sold while the game is paused will not incur a score or price penalty.
- Faster load times: The time required to start a new game or resume a previously saved game has been significantlly reduced.
- Updated game icon: The game icon has been changed to reflect the color palette of the new map.
- Improved lightning visuals: The lightning bolt discharged by the tesla tower now emits light and animates more realistically.
- Drylands: With multiple paths snaking through the dried-out canyon riverbed, the Drylands map gives the fieldrunners ample opportunities to escape your grasp.
- P-47 Thunderbolt: These blazing fast planes tear throught the sky pover the fields at an incredible speed.
- Autosave: The autosave feature saves your progress every round to protest you against crashes or freezes.
- Stream Indicators: When enemies begin to enter the map, the stream indicators appear on-screen to indicate the direction in which they are being spawned.
- Environment Shadows: Environment pieces now cast shadows onto enemies and towers to better integrate them into the environment.