SimCity now available at the App Store!!
SimCity, one of the most anticipated titles for the iPhone has finally been released by EA today. All SimCity fans should rejoice as this iPhone remake is not some hosed down version of the game. Give EA credit for ensuring that all features we have come to love and expect from a SimCity title are included. I have had a chance to play the game for a bit (went through the tutorials and then some) and I must say that it is rather impressive. There were no noticeable slow downs and it runs surprisingly smoothe. Lots of building structures to choose from and all the view options (pollution, underground, traffic, land value) we are used to are here too. Definitely a must have title for fans of the series.
Create and control your urban empire with more power than ever! It’s the SimCity™ you know and love, re-created for your iPhone™ to give you the most realistic SimCity experience. And, if you’re new to the Sims universe, prepare yourself for one of the most engaging, addicting games you’ve ever played.
Maneuver through lush cityscapes with a mere flick of your finger. Zoom in and out of detailed, bright and vibrant 2D isometric landscapes with a mere pinch. Plan, build, and manage your thriving new metropolis – wherever and whenever you want! Helpful tutorials are also available to guide you through your first SimCity adventure.
What kind of city will you build? What dangers lurk just around the corner? Tornados? Fires? Aliens? In SimCity for iPhone, you’re more than a gamer, you’re both a creator and a destroyer. Feel the power!
iPhone/iPod touch Exclusive Features:
– Intuitive Touch Controls
– Tutorial to ease you into developing your first city
– Starter Cities start you in different types of cities.
– Manage all aspects of a thriving city, including the budget
– Destroy it all with 5 Disasters – UFO, Fire, Tornado, Earthquake, Toxic Cloud
– Place Parks, Landmarks, public works and various different special buildings
– Public and private transportation with roads and rail
– Public works management: Water, Power, Garbage and Recycling
– Place 6 Zone types
– Enact Ordinances to satisfy petitioners
– Never play the same game twice
– 3 Difficulty Settings
– Small, Medium and Large Cities
– Customizable Procedural Terrain Generation
– Complex simulations that adapt to your every move