Though the iPhone 3G may not have the worst battery life amongst 3G handsets, improving battery performance would be a major plus for all users. With the iPhone’s immense popularity and relatively short battery life, numerous companies are offering their version of an external battery pack. Currently, I am using Brando’s 1000mAh power station. With short comings of it’s own, I am always on the look out for new products.
Though I have yet to try one, FastMac has released the iV Extended portable charger for the iPhone 2G/3G. Looks like a battery with full-on features:
- a full size USB port to charge other devices such as your Bluetooth headset, digital camera or even another iPhone
- comes with a built in flash to help with pictures in low lighting
- 3100mAh TruePower Battery
- Up to 24 Hours of Talk Time
- Up to 72 Hours of Audio Playback
- Up to 21 Hours of Video Playback
- Up to 30 Days of Standby Time
- Dock Connector for iPhone & Universal Dock
24 hours of talk time? 21 hours of video playback? If those claims are remotely true, no more constantly worrying about battery life while on the road. For $99.95 (3G version), you are certainly paying a premium for a battery pack loaded with features and the 3100 mAh capacity. Any takers?